Vegans of Tumblr, if it was actually possible and you could only save one, who would you rather save? A child from a lifetime of slave labour in a sweatshop, or a chicken from being some chicken nuggets?
You know what is infinitely more fascinating than this absurd hypothetical question?
The fact that we have the ability to choose to save BOTH the child and the chicken, and overwhelmingly, most people choose to save neither, every. single. day.
While you do so, do it patiently.
I do get asked this a lot, haha :) but it’s no bother!
Lately my day in meals looks something like this:
- 32oz peppermint tea upon waking to tone the digestive organs, hydrate and “wake up” my system.
- A huge (approx. 4 “servings”) bowl of organic oats cooked with mashed banana, peanut butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon and almond milk.
Snack on my walk to work:
- Large smoothie of bananas, ice, kale, almond butter, almond milk and a scoop of Vega protein powder.
- 20oz smoothie of frozen strawberries, frozen mango, kale, ginger, almond butter, almond milk and hemp protein.
- 32oz herbal tea to hydrate and stay warm (it’s really cold at work)
- Something cooked and filling. Mostly vegetables; usually a starchy carbohydrate like potatoes, or a grain like quinoa or brown rice served with steamed kale and a protein entree like tempeh or chickpea cutlets. Or homemade chili and cornbread. Or gluten free pizza and a large mixed salad. Whatever I’m feeling like cooking up at the end of the day.
- Sometimes coconut or almond milk ice cream topped with cacao nibs and shredded coconut, sometimes nothing. I’ve been baking more often lately so maybe some homemade cookies and almond milk or a slice of banana bread with tea. Or homemade maca hot chocolate w/ vegan marshmallows.
Cheers! ~ ea